Haney Fund Grantees
The Haney Fund Board values the progressive work of our grantees throughout Maine who are working to address root causes of poverty and injustice and provide positive solutions for change. We hope you will connect with them and each other to coordinate and extend your own justice work.
Grantees, please contact the Haney Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org with any updates.
- Food AND Medicine (FAM), Jobs with Justice Education Fund
- Project: Support for their Transportation for All (TFA) program organizing and education to provide greater access to reliable public bus transportation for low-income individuals and families in the greater Bangor area
- Contact: 207 989-5860, email@example.com
- Kennebec Valley Organization
- Project: Support for their Transportation for All Justice Campaign to build the leadership and include stories of immigrants, working families, and isolated seniors in organizing for increased funding for public and volunteer network transportation in Central Maine
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mabel Wadsworth Center
- Project: Support for their advocacy, education, partnership development, and health care services for women with substance use disorder who are pregnant or parenting.
- Contact: 207 947-5337, email@example.com
- Nibezun, Wabanaki Cultural Preservation Coalition (WCPC)
- Project: Support for the Nibezun Project's Wabanaki Language Program and their efforts to establish a center for youth, language, traditional healing and cultural programs on a property on the Penobscot River. The organization is dedicated to preserving and promoting all aspects of Mic Mac, Passamaquoddy, Penobscot, Maliseet, and Abenaki ceremonies, traditions, customs, and language through practice and education.
- Contact: 207 370-2124, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southern Maine Workers Center (SMWC)
- Project: Support for their Health Care is a Human Right (HCHR) program, including developing a Facilitator Guide to accompany art-based cantastoria workshops about health care with a number of communities in southern Maine.
- Contact: 207 200-7692, email@example.com